THE FIRST SACRAMENT
The parish community rejoices with you for the upcoming Baptism of your daughter/son. We will be pleased to help and support you with the preparations for this celebration.
Baptism is the first of the three sacraments that lead to initiation as a member of the Catholic Church and member of the Body of Christ. With this sacrament is fulfilled what Jesus ordered: “Make all nations disciples, and let all be baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.”
Upon receiving this sacrament, the parish community welcomes them as new members of the Church, and then you will also accompany them on their Faith journey until they completely initiate as new members of the Catholic Church. Later on the sacraments of Confirmation and First Communion will allow your son/daughter to completely initiate and can lead a Christian Catholic life.
Baptism Guideslines for Parents Of Children Under 7 Years Of Age
With this preparation only children under 7 years old can be baptized; if they already met the age of 7, children should participate in the program called: Rite of Christian Initiation for Children.
- Parents must be registered members of the parish
- Enroll for preparation and pick up forms directly at the office.
- Full form of the parents, (Information for the Baptismal record).
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- When all completed forms are in the office, this will automatically
sign you up to attend the baptism class.
- At least one Parent must be Catholic.
Baptism Guidelines for Godparents
- Must be Catholic & Confirmed.
- Must be over 16 years of age.
- If single, must present Confirmation certificate.
- If married, must be married by the Catholic Church.
- Complete Sponsorship form, (Promise of the Sponsors) signed by the Parish Pastor.
- If the sponsor(s) is (are) member(s) of another Parish, the sponsorship form must be signed by the Pastor where they attend.
- Present Marriage certificate through the catholic church.
- “Those who are married only by a civil judge, those who live in amasiato without the benefit of the sacrament of marriage or those who they have been divorced and married again without a Declaration of Nullity from the Diocesan Court of their previous marriage are NOT eligible to sponsor someone for Baptism or Confirmation in the Church Catholic.”
- Baptisms are on the 2nd Saturday of the month at 2pm or could also be on the 2nd Sunday of the month after the 10:45am Mass. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS, ONLY IN CASE OF DANGER OF DEATH. There are no baptisms during Lent.
- “Parents and sponsors (mom, dad, godmother and godfather) must attend the pre-baptismal class. If they belong to another parish they should attend the classes in their parish, they must present a consent letter from that parish stating they have attended the class and meet ALL requirements to be sponsors.
What is not stipulated in these requirements will be decided by the priest.
NO baptism will be scheduled until ALL paperwork is complete and Birth Certificate has been received.
To begin this process, please visit the parish office as soon as possible. Both parents and sponsors have to attend the pre-baptismal classes and deliver all the forms completely filled and turned in the office THIRTY DAYS BEFORE the date of Baptism and in order to attend the class. Otherwise, we can not perform the Baptism.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office at (931)
We hope that this time of preparation for the Baptism of your son/daughter will give you the opportunity to deepen your faith and love of God, so that as you get older you can help your son/daughter to do the same. Remember that we are here to support you in everything possible.